Friday

Memorial Day Tribute

I saw my grandson today who was discharged from the Army a few months ago and I put my arms around him giving him a big hug. So many grandparents, moms and dads, wives or husbands and children never get that chance, because their soldier did not come home.

I thank God for my grandson’s protection. He enlisted in early 2003 and soon went to Iraq. He had two tours there and one in Afghanistan. He had some very close calls and saw many of his buddies die. God brought him home safely.

As we think about the 3-day weekend holiday, Memorial Day, let us remember what the holiday means. It is a time to remember those who have sacrificed their lives for your freedom and for my freedom. It is for those soldiers who fought to keep America free in both our generation and generations past.

It is a time to pay tribute to them. It is a time to give praise to God for American.

This video shows the powerful emotions of war. Please watch. First turn off my Playlist at bottom of page.



Have a good week-end.

Love and Prayers,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I pray that the message of God's love that I am trying to share will touch your heart and you will make a decision for Christ. Please let me know if you want prayer. God loves you!